In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Hampden Historical Society

Bridge, Elm Street West, Hampden, 1891

Contributed by Hampden Historical Society
MMN Item 27651 Item Details
Bridge, Elm Street West, Hampden, 1891
MMN Item 27651 Zoom

Description

The bridge connected the west end of Elm Street to what is known today as Laskey Lane.

Workers at the J & B Crosby Company papermill used the bridge to reach their boarding house that was across the Sowadabscot from the mill.

This bridge was referred to as the Crosby Dudley Bridge.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.