In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Hampden Historical Society

Hampden Highlands Post Office, ca. 1908

Contributed by Hampden Historical Society
MMN Item 27649 Item Details
Hampden Highlands Post Office, ca. 1908
MMN Item 27649 Zoom

Description

Hampden citizens changed the name of this post office three times between 1852 and 1909. It was established as South Hampden on April 26, 1852, Charles P. Fifeld was the 1st Postmaster. Name changed to Hampden Corner, February 24, 1853 and to Hampden Highlands on July 22, 1909.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.